Sunday, May 15, 2011

From the beginning...

Well, I have to honestly say that I thought I would never do a blog. But I wanted to have a way to share information with so many of you and thought this would be the easiest method.  


I was diagnosed with breast cancer this past Tuesday.  We have gone through so many emotions this week from shock - to fear - to denial - to wanting to get it out of my body right now.  What we know is that it is breast cancer and has not originated from somewhere else in my body.  It measures 2 centimeters and they believe it is contained so far and the MRI shows nothing in my lymph nodes.  I have also learned that it has a name "invasive ductal carcinoma" or IDC.  I had no idea that there were names for breast cancer.  My dear friend Lana, whom I have known since we were 4 years old, was able to recommend a surgeon in Indy.  We will meet with her on Wednesday.  

The kids seem to be handling the news well.  They both process things so differently and have had some great questions.  The banner picture on the blog is a picture drawn by Adam.  He just grabbed some paper yesterday and drew the picture for me.  It means so much to me in so many different ways.  The "verse" at the top he said he just made up.  The words "Ich liebe dich" mean I love you in German.  

We as a family are holding on to hope and peace that only comes from God and we know that His plan is absolutely perfect.  He will be with us every step of the way and we will rely on His strength and comfort through this difficult path.   

I have been so extremely humbled by all of the love, support and prayers you have sent our way.  Thank you all so very much.  And just know that we will plan on leaning on you in the future.

We will try to keep the blog updated once we receive more information.

Love,
Tammy
 

3 comments:

  1. WE all are right here preying for you and ready to do whatever you need us to do.

    Hugs and we'll check in on Wednesday with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Tammy more than words I could possibly say! Thinking of you and will be with you in thought and in prayer and in person! I will help you kick this thing's BUTT! Stay the strong person I know you are!!!!!

    Lana Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be strong, have faith and know that we're praying with you. Whatever you need, we're here. Hugs! ~J

    ReplyDelete