Thursday, May 19, 2011

More surgery information

I realized this morning that I didn't include any of the surgery details in the last update.  It was all so clear in my head last night but I forgot to include it in the post!  So, I decided on having a lumpectomy based upon the information the surgeon provided to us.  She said there was not any benefit of doing the mastectomy and I didn't want to go that aggressive if we didn't have to.  When they do the surgery, they will also remove a couple of lymph nodes and test them to be sure there is not any cancer.  This surgery will be done in Indianapolis.  It is an out-patient surgery which is just amazing.  I can stay overnight if I don't feel well enough to go home, but most patients choose to go home so they can sleep in their own bed.  She did mention that we won't know what treatments will be best until after they test the tumor, tissue and lymph nodes.  She will meet with me one week prior for a pre-surgery consultation. At that time, she will go over all of the details of the surgery and have me sign the consents.  She doesn't like to do that on the day of surgery since most people are very nervous and may not be in the best frame of mind that day :)  I still feel very good about the surgery and I even have peace on having to wait over 3 weeks.  Thank you again for your prayers.  Love, Tammy

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Tammy,
    As I am reading your blog I am not only amazed at your strength, but also at the strength of your family. I have interacted with your children at school and they are incredibly strong people. Remember that you are not only blessed with amazing children and an amazing husband, but that we your friends and loved ones are here supporting, praying and thinking of you every step of the way.
    Love - The Falk's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy, it is Kerrie Fabbri here. I am so sorry to hear your news. But I know God, and I know He is strong enough for the both of you to carry you through this. Continue to lean on Him and He will remain faithful. Please know we will be praying for you and we will go through this with you. We will then celebrate your victory when it is over! So many people are going to be blessed by your testimony.You are an amazing strong individual and we love you! The Fabbri Family-Tssst...Tssst

    ReplyDelete