Saturday, June 11, 2011

Monday is the day...

As we have been in this long holding pattern, I have not been sure what to blog.  I have had a full range of feelings and emotions.  I am very anxious for the surgery yet my mind wanders about the "in depth" details of the whole procedure and the anesthesia.  But I fully trust the surgeon and her staff and know that I will be in good hands. 

We met with the surgeon this past week for a pre-op consultation to go over everything and sign my consent forms. Chris and I were very surprised at the anticipated recovery time.  I will be able to resume most normal activities as soon as I feel up to it.  I was glad to know that I will be able to shower as soon as I take off the bandages the next day.  The stitches will all be internal and I will only have steri strips that will come off on their own. 


On Monday, we have to check-in at registration at 6:00 a.m.  (Which means we will be leaving the house at 4:30 a.m.!!)  They will take me in right away to start the pre-surgical procedures.  Chris will get to stay with me through these two procedures.  One is injecting the dye for the sentinel lymph node removal - the other will be a radiologist inserting a wire at center of the tumor so the surgeon knows exactly where to start.  We anticipate being home by the afternoon.  Either Chris or I will update the blog on Monday to let you all know how things went.  They said we should know the pathology results by Friday.  At that point, we will know what the next steps will be as far as meeting with an oncologist and determining treatment, if any. 


We appreciate all of your prayers, meals, cards, hugs and encouragement.  Our neighborhood friends will start with meals tomorrow and continue the next two weeks.  We absolutely love our neighborhood and feel so blessed to have such good friends. Everyone has been so go to step in and help with so much.  Thank you all so very much.

As Sarah would say - "night, night - meow, meow"
Love,
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment