Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tomorrow is my second treatment

As I mentioned in my last post, my hair started to fall out last Thursday.  And all throughout the weekend it just continued to get worse.  Handfuls of hair coming out along with hair all over everything.  Since we had went wig, head wrap and scarf shopping on Saturday (they are shipping the wig to me), I decided to have Chris shave my head Monday night.  The gal at the store recommended using the 1/4 inch on the clippers.  I was so ready to do this because I couldn't stand the way everything was with my hair.  It really wasn't my hair anymore since it was dry had died off and was falling out.  Sarah started to get upset at the beginning.  So I tried to reassure her that everything was going to be okay.  I had her hold my hand as we got started.  She did warm up as we went along and helped clean up the piles of hair. It felt so good to get this done.  Seeing myself with this really short hair was a bit weird but thankfully it didn't bother me like I thought it might.  And I know it will be different when I am completely bald.  More hair falls out every day so that will be coming soon.

Before

After...

I will post more pictures later.  I cannot figure out how to rotate the pictures here in the blog - so I apologize in advance for the turn of your head to view them :)  


I feel good about going in tomorrow morning for my second treatment.  I truly have a peace from the Lord knowing this is still His perfect plan for me.  After tomorrow's treatment, I will be half way done!!!  WOO HOO!!   I cannot wait to say that tomorrow!  I am also very thankful for meds that I have now to help with the extreme side effect, for a wonderful oncologist and rock star nurses that work long hours without hardly a lunch time to assist with patients getting chemo and other infusions.

Well, I had better try to get some sleep.  That will be a little hard to do since I have been taking steroids today to gear up for the treatment tomorrow. Maybe I should just work out or something... or not :)

Thank you all so much for everything!
Love,
Tammy

head wrapin' today :)



Trust in the LORD with all your heart
   and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
   and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

3 comments:

  1. Tammy, you are beautiful! Same beautiful smile and same beautiful heart. See you soon - Hadley and I have some goodies for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Kate! Same smile, eyes, and happiness I have know for so long. See you next Sunday.

    p.s. Hannah was completely fine after her episode! Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you!!! You are truly an inspiration to me. Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete