Friday, July 29, 2011

Goodbye hair..

What a perfect verse shared with me today:  "Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." Luke 12:7

My hair started coming out in handfuls yesterday morning.  It was very weird.  I had a moment of shock because it was so much but only because my mind is thinking... hey, this isn't normal.  But I am in a new normal now and losing my hair will be part of it.  I am actually okay with it so far.  I am not looking forward to looking at myself in the mirror and seeing myself bald but thankfully my hair WILL grow back!  This is still all part of God's perfect plan for me.  

Last Saturday, the first day that I had no pain and was finally feeling better, I asked Chris if he felt like we did the right thing.  He responded immediately and said yes.  That was all I needed to hear.  It was just so hard last week to think that I was going to have to do that 3 more times.  


My next treatment is a week from today.  It seems like the time is flying by but I also feel like I lost all last week.  But thankfully I now have some meds to counteract the meds for next round.  And we will continue to look at the end result of all this treatment - to make sure there are not cancer cells anywhere else.


I am so very excited to be going shopping tomorrow morning and use my gift certificate for wigs and head wraps.  


Thanks so much for all of your love, support and prayers.  Life is hard but God is good - all the time!!!!!


Love,
Tammy

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”  John 16:33



1 comment:

  1. I so love your take on all this. God is definitely with you. So excited to see you Wednesday!

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete