Friday, July 22, 2011

Finally some relief

I will have to say that the past 7 days have been so long and hard.  I have had so much pain that it has been unbearable.  I would only get an hour of relief here or there.  I felt like I was doing something wrong.  We tried everything and just felt lost.  Yesterday was the worst day by far.  I had so much pain that I couldn't eat much at all.  I couldn't eat, sleep, rest, or get any relief.  I was so thankful Chris was up and down with me all through the nights.  Even through all this darkness, we still had support which just means so much.  Thanks SO much for all of the meals, rides to appointments, ice cream runs, prayers, emails, calls, texts, cards, pulling the weeds from my flower bed, my Mom helping with the kids, laundry and dishes, a very generous package from neighborhood friends full of many gift cards for food, shopping, free hair cut, head wrap and some good shampoo and conditioner, and a friend sitting with me to pray and encourage me in my lowest time.   

We met with Dr. Kakani today and she recommended I stay for some IV fluids to help hydrate my body.  She also called in prescriptions for a migraine medicine and a mouth wash for my sore mouth and tongue.  As I sat there for over 2 hours for fluids my migraine got worse.  I had also developed a low grade fever.  Dr. Kakani came back to check on me and said she was concerned for meningitis for me.  She told me to watch for the signs over the weekend and to call with any questions or concerns.  I left feeling scared, discouraged and hoping to find some relief from the migraines. 

As we left, I was actually feeling hungry which I thought was a good sign.  I came home and took the migraine meds and noticed a difference within 20 minutes.  Thank you Lord!!  Chris and I were able to eat a good meal this evening and watch a movie together on the couch.  I actually felt a little back to normal this evening. 

I am praying that I will continue to feel relief.  I have thought several times that I cannot do this anymore.  And I can't - but I can rely on a God that is far bigger than this and He will see me through.  Christ knows pain and suffering and will not leave me through this process.  I need to be sure to seek Him and lean on Him. 

Thanks again for your prayers.
Love,
Tammy

1 comment:

  1. Tammy, Hi.

    I'm so sorry to hear about the difficult week you have had. I'm thankful that the migraine medicine helped you last night. I use to have migraines in my 30's and 40's. I praise God that since I'm not working as a nurse the migraines have stopped. Praise God for the medication that does work. Migraines are so debilitating. It's definitely something that others have no idea how debilitating unless they have had one. Tammy, I will pray for you specifically to not have migraines. I was so relieved just knowing that the medication would give me relief. I can't imagine a migraine plus the other things that you and your family are coping with. I'm so sorry you had to experience all that darkness. It sure is frightening. That is when I go to my peaceful picture of being in God's arms or under his wings. It does help comfort me and give me hope that God will not give me more than I can bear even though I feel that way. I imagine the angels singing to me and comforting me while God is holding me.

    It is so great that a friend came and sat with you and prayed for you. I have a friend that has done that for me and it calms my heart so much. I can be at my wits end and just praying with me on the phone or in person has helped me tremendously. I had a huge meltdown at church in 2007 before I was diagnosed as bipolar. No one could get me calmed down. Basically, I was sliding up the bathroom wall and beyond anxious. I was calming down some and then PW came in and I went nuts again. My friend prayed with me and it is the only thing that helped me calm down. If it were not for our Lord, Jesus Christ, I seriously doubt that I would be sane.

    You have an awesome husband, but I know you know that. God has blessed you in so many ways. It's so encouraging to hear about all the blessings and support that you and your family have. Nothing better than an ice cream run. ummm. I think of you often and admire your dependence on our Lord. I wish I could help you more, but know I am praying for you on a regular basis. Take care and I pray today will go well.

    The heat is a huge enemy right now, especially knowing you were dehydrated. Do whatever you can to keep water down and stay inside, if you can. When is your next Chemo round? Take care sweet friend.

    Love you bunches,

    Terrie

    ReplyDelete