Friday, July 15, 2011

It's been a good day and the first treatment is now behind me!

We were so very relieved after my first chemo treatment today.  I did not have any bad reactions to the medicine.  I did fine through both of the anti nausea meds.  Then they got ready to start the 1st chemo drug.  With this drug, they have to monitor your blood pressure.  When we first arrived my BP was 128/71 which was good.  But when they were ready to start the med it was 150 over something and my heart rate was 120... so I think I was a bit anxious.  AND Chris's hand may have been a little numb from me squeezing pretty hard.  I took headphones so I could listen to music and I just cranked my Casting Crowns which gave me so much comfort. I even got up to walk around and take a restroom break.  They also had two baskets full of knitted hats donated from a St. Mary's church group.  She said to please take one - so I picked a pink and white one.  I was so very thankful that I made it through both chemo drugs without any troubles.  We were there for 4 1/2 hours but thankfully it didn't seem like that long at all.  I have felt pretty loopy since we left but at least now I have something to blame it on!  

I received several cards in the mail today.  It's so fun to get mail and messages!  When I opened one of the cards I just started to cry and cry.  Chris was a bit worried.  It was a card from Chris's family that had a very generous gift certificate for the store at the Carmel hospital.  This store carries all kinds of scarves, head wraps, wigs and a whole bunch of cool girlie things. I was just so overwhelmed with joy and relief.  Now, I don't have to worry about cost or where to find something here in town.  The ladies that run this store are fantastic.  They can guide me on styles and fit me for a wig.  What a HUGE blessing this was for me today. 


The kids are staying all night with good friends tonight so I have plenty of time to rest.  They were super excited too which is so fun to see.

Thanks again today for all of your messages and calls to check in on me.  I love watching and learning this process.  It will give me great ideas to pass along and help others.

I want to leave you with this - I have a daily devotional book that was given to me (Thank you Aunt Katie & Uncle Marco!) and today for July 15th it read:

"Do not worry about tomorrow!  This is not a suggestion, but a command.  I divided time into days and nights, so that you would have manageable portions of life to handle.  My grace is sufficient for you, but its sufficiency is for only one day at a time.  When you worry about the future, you heap day upon day of troubles onto your flimsy frame.  You stagger under this heavy load, which I never intended you to carry.

Throw off this oppressive burden with one quick thrust of trust.  Anxious thoughts meander about and crisscross in your brain, but trusting Me brings you directly into My Presence.  As you thus affirm your faith, shackles of worry fall off instantly.  Enjoy My Presence continually by trusting Me at all times."

This is just a huge reminder to me of how God's timing is ALWAYS perfect!!  This is exactly what I needed today!

Love,
Tammy

2 comments:

  1. Tammy,
    Thank you so much for sharing your personal thoughts with us. I love reading your blogs and hope you continue updates. I feel your journey will inspire others in their journeys that come upon them during life. Your Faith and insight can help in so many areas of life. I know you have helped me. :) Thank you for being you! I love you. I am so glad you made it through this day and hope the ones to come are just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you made it through this first round without too much trouble. It is good to hear your thoughts as you walk down this road, and it's even better to know that so many peole are walking with you. Please know you, Chris, and the kids are in our thoughts and prayers and hearts! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete